– Smile. I may look like a nut case but it makes me happy.
– Stand up. This makes my voice fuller and richer sounding.
– Answer in the friendliest voice possible. I never want to sound like they are disturbing me.
– I also have a pen and paper write in front of me. I will jot their name down as soon as they say it and that way I can mention it several times during the conversation.
– I try to answer every call possible. I can’t tell you how many times I have been told they were so impressed because I actually answered the phone or that I actually returned their call. I want my clients to be impressed.
There are the few times that I am unable to answer the phone so I try to make sure my voice mail clearly states my name and why I am out. I also make sure my voice mail is never full. I want every client to feel like they are my only client.
Do you have any telephone tips?